For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me
my petition which I asked of him:

I Samuel 1:27


INTRODUCING OUR PRECIOUS LITTLE GIRL!!!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 4- Nanchang (First Breakfast Buffet & WalMart)

Lainee slept great last night, with the exception of a few squawks here and there in her sleep. She slept in our bed, as we are not comfortable with the safety of the crib provided. It was so adorable, she had to have one hand touching me and one touching Ryan all night. Oh yeah, did I mention she snores, pretty loud at that, just like her daddy. She woke around 7AM without a fuss. We feed her some Cheerios to tide her over till we went down for the breakfast buffet. Today was a big day for introductions as we were able to Skype(video phone) with Grandma & Grandpa DeBias, Uncle David, David Jr., Melissa, Grandpa & Grandma Mercer, Uncle Scott, and Auntie Sharon. We also called Granny & Pop Smith on the phone.

After all our calls, Lainee and mommy took a shower. She loved it; she did not even mind when I washed her hair and rinsed. Then we got dressed and headed down to the breakfast buffet. Let's just say Lainee has a great appetite. She ate steamed eggs, rice congee, scrambled eggs with ham bits, noodles, tomatoes, and watermelon(lots of it). Ryan and I could not keep the food coming fast enough for her, and believe me when I say she let us know. She drank apple juice to wash it all down. She can feed herself the solid items with her hands and she can hold her own bottle. You may be saying, well she should she's one, but you have to understand many of the children coming from orphanages do not have these abilities There is not a lot of one on one care as resources do not permit. Obviously another answer to prayer, as she seems to be right on target with her development. She also sits up, rolls over, and crawls. I am very thankful for the nannies that cared for her in the orphanage; it is very apparent they love and care for these children.

Big girl can hold her own bottle

Lainee growing impatient with daddy waiting for another bite.



Big smile after a bite of watermelon(her favorite).


The entire group went to WalMart to do some shopping after breakfast. The store is spread out over three floors. We started on the third floor and worked our way down. Floor 2 was our least favorite (grocery floor), but we won't even get into the sights and smells we experienced. Lainee seemed to enjoy riding in the cart. Of course daddy could not resist buying her the cutest ever little pink, Snoopy backpack. I'll post pic of it tomorrow. I have to agree it is adorable. We had our first boo boo but I won't get into it right now. Every one's fine(so don't panic Grandma), except mommy's still a little emotional about it, as it was my fault. Needless to say after a big day like that little Lainee was wiped.

Bus ride back to hotel.
All that shopping did her in
What a trooper, tired but still willing to answer her phone.

This evening daddy and Lainee shared some bonding time over snacks. She is still a little unsure of him, but this is very common.

Thank goodness we finally found a formula Lainee likes. We had tried several, but she did not care for then. Well as you can see by her full belly below, we managed to find one today.
And after a long day and a full belly it was off to dreamland.

Sweet dreams baby girl.
I knew I loved her before I even met her, but now I can't picture my life without her. I still can not get over this miraculous gift the Lord has bestowed upon us.

Well everyone that was our adventures for today. And now Lainee and daddy both are fast asleep and I think I will join them. Tune in tomorrow for more.
Much Love,
Danielle & Ryan










4 comments:

  1. Ethan says - she is cute
    Emily says - she is pretty
    Eli says - Yainee is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing Danielle and Ryan! She is absolutely Gorgeous!! I am so happy for you and your family... I know you will enjoy and cherish every moment with that beautiful baby girl! lots of love!

    love,

    Nikki Deignan (Schwabe) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last picture is just so precious. Glad she's a good eater and somewhat independent. Did you know that if you snore you don't dream? So she's probably sleeping soundly. Looks like a very good day!

    ReplyDelete